Vein Treatment Options
Sclerotherapy Treatment Instructions:
Pre and Post Sclerotherapy
Pre-Sclerotherapy Treatment Instructions
- Try to avoid aspirin for 1 week before treatment unless you are taking it for a heart condition.
- Bring loose fitting shorts or a leotard to wear for your treatment.
- Before your treatment shower and wash your legs with an anti-bacterial soap.
- Do not apply any creams or lotions to your legs.
- Do not shave your legs on the day of your appointment.
Post Sclerotherapy Treatment Instructions
- If cotton balls were applied you may remove and wash with anti-bacterial soap after 1 hour.
- Try to walk for 30 minutes immediately after treatment to stimulate your circulation.
- Daily walks are beneficial for all forms of venous treatment.
- If a wrap was applied you may remove it after 24 hours.
- Wear stockings for 2-3 days, remove at night.
- Avoid hot baths or showers for 1 week.
- Avoid vigorous or high impact exercise for 2-3 days.
- You may apply moisturizing lotion after 24 hours.
- Avoid tanning beds for 2 weeks